If so, then you have received a gift from your subconscious.
There are several important things I have discovered about the subconscious mind:
- It has a wealth of wonderful information to share with each of us.
- When the subconscious mind gives us a gift, the gift is usually only momentary. If one doesn’t write it down, the gift often sinks back down beneath the level of consciousness, perhaps never to return again.
- The subconscious mind responds well to appreciation. The more we write down the ideas and solutions it provides, the more ideas and solutions it gives us.
In fact, there are many young people going off to college, with whom I have shared my magical let your subconscious mind write your papers for you method. And since there are so many things people have to write these days; from letters to blog posts, to presentations, to speeches, I am glad to share it with you.
Here it is:
- Make a note of the topic about which you have to write.
- If any research is necessary, do it right away.
- Absolutely every time an idea on the topic pops into your mind, write it down.
If you do this reliably every time you get an idea; after a while, your subconscious will not only give you all the ideas you need, but will even come up with the outline of how to organize them.
I must confess that today I violated my own rules for successful writing. A great idea for this week’s blog post popped into my mind from my sub-conscious, and I neglected to write it down.
Naturally I forgot it!
So in this case, please be sure to do as I say, and not as I did. You will find that, the more you engage your subconscious as your partner in the task, the easier writing for any situation will become.